07 Oct Choosing a project management tool
When speaking about project management in this era, you may end up asking yourself what project management tool you need. Without these important questions, you might end up with a management system that doesn’t work for your business.
Below we will prepare you for the project ahead and help you ask the right questions to determine the proper tools to use.
Start off by making a list of your current challenges in your project; what your goals are, and what matters most to you and your team in terms of managing, tracking and scheduling projects. Then, match your questions and make sure they all get answered during evaluations.
“Trying to manage a project without project management is like trying to play a football game without a game plan.” — K. Tate
When evaluating new software. Keep the following questions in mind?
- What type of data and analytics does the tool you considering offers?
- How easy is it to update the plan, is it automatic. Who needs to do it?
- Consider the popular features?
- What activities are required to get the most benefits from your selected tool?
- How is it different from other project management solutions out there?
- How will this tool help solve the top three problem we’re currently having with our projects?
- What type of support and training does it offer to you?
When considering differentiators tools, you want to get to the bottom of how, exactly, the features will add benefit to your organization. Through these questions, you will exactly know what you are looking for.